mercredi 22 septembre 2010

J'aime beaucoup rire. I hope you do too!

Today's entry isn't going to be a long one, but should provide you with some entertainment.  Today we hit up Versailles and then the Champs-Elysees again, but I'll talk more about that later.  What I will share is:

I don't mean to be sacrilegious, honest.
1)  Père Lachaise Cimetière (which literally translates to Father the Chair Cemetery... just a side note) is actually ridiculously cool.  However, I couldn't shake the fact that some of the tomb reminded me of rows of port-a-potties... check out the photo to see if you understand what I mean.

Kitty!
Hello
2)  The French love Hello Kitty.  More than I ever thought was possible.  I bet those of you back in the US that have intense Hello Kitty fetishes (Kara, you know this is for you...) are super jealous, so I'm adding pics of that too.

Je. le. deteste.
3)  There's this ad that I really hate.  Problem?  It's EVERYWHERE.  "Ne Vieillissez Pas Trop Vite" means "Don't get old too quickly" and they have these awful ads where it's a girl whose face is old.  They drive me up the wall.  Like I said, EVERYWHERE.

Haha haha haha
4)  We almost ate at this takeout restaurant yesterday, but I told Hannah that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  The French word for plate is "assiette," so they advertised plates of "Ass Grec, Ass Chicken, Ass Poulet, Ass Steak, Ass Merguez, Ass Boulette, Ass Omelette, Ass Brochette, and Ass Mixte."  I think something was lost in translation.

Anyway... hope you've enjoyed my brief French entertainment.  Bisous!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire